Tips to Stay Healthy Before, During, and After Your Trip
Most people love to travel, whether it be somewhere close to home or somewhere across the world, a place you’ve never visited or a place you consider your second home. Whatever the case, traveling is most fun when you are healthy, but traveling also increases exposure to germs while decreasing the power of the immune system. Nobody wants to be sick on vacation or come down with a cold during a business trip, or even get sick once they get back from the trip. With that in mind, here are a few tips to stay healthy before, during, and after your trip.
- Get your rest! It is not a good idea to show up at the airport or leave for your road trip if you did not sleep well the night before. You should aim for a couple of nights of good sleep before you leave so that you are well rested in case plans change or a flight gets delayed. This will also keep your immune system in good shape in case it needs to fight off any illness. This is key to stay healthy during your trip!
- Depending on where you are traveling to, check in with your doctor about getting vaccines or taking other precautions before leaving for your trip so that you are protected from unexpected illnesses while in another country.
- Research the country or region where you will be going to see if there are any illnesses or recent outbreaks in the area. You want to be as prepared as possible and know what you are heading into.
- Purchase items like hand sanitizer, sanitizing wipes, and other items to wipe down surfaces to help stay healthy wherever you go.
- Use preventative medicines or take dietary supplements that will help to boost your immune system before you leave to help fight a cold naturally.
- Don’t forget to pack any medications you regularly take in your carry-on luggage. This way you still have your medicine even if your checked bag gets lost. It is also important to bring prescription medications you regularly take as they may not be available, or can be very hard to find, when traveling, especially internationally.
- Be sure to wash your hands after being in public spaces and do your best to limit how often you touch your face, mouth, eyes, nose, etc. to help stay healthy during the trip.
- Also try to limit how often you touch any surface in public spaces. When it is necessary, use the sanitizing wipes you picked up before leaving to wipe down the surfaces before you touch them.
- Keep any dirty clothes that you have already worn separate from the rest of your clean clothes. If you will be traveling for an extended period, take a couple of hours to go to a laundry mat and wash your clothes.
- Keep shoes wrapped in separate plastic bags so they do not come into contact with your clothes or other items. This will help to eliminate the spread of dirt, grime and germs onto the other items in your suitcase.
- Don’t jam pack your schedule with too many activities. You don’t want your body and immune system becoming overworked from all the fun, so you’ll need some time to recuperate and keep from getting sick for the remainder of your trip.
- Eat well and stay hydrated. While vacation is a time to splurge, make sure you are not overdoing it with the food and alcohol or else you may push your body past its limit.
- Your dirty clothes should already be separated, so throw them all into the washing machine as soon as you get home.
- Unpack your shoes and consider wiping them with a disinfectant cloth or spraying with disinfectant spray.
- Use the disinfectant spray to also clean your suitcase inside and out.
- Get back into a healthy routine with your eating and exercise habits.
- Another great way to stay healthy is to drink plenty of clear fluids and eat fruits and vegetables high in vitamin C.
Myrtol 300 | January 24, 2018
With many avid travelers on the Myrtol 300 team, we understand the importance of a healthy body while traveling. To help our fellow explorers, we created Myrtol 300 as an immune and respiratory health supplement that helps keep you traveling in good health. The natural supplement, which is made up of essential oils, can be taken each day approximately a week in advance of your trip to help prepare your immune system for the changes to come. Bring it with you on the trip to help support immune and respiratory health and take it as soon as you feel something coming on.
Visit us at the Travel & Adventure Show in Los Angeles on February 24th and 25th, booth #1237.