Top Travel Trends
Travel is back in a big way, and 2016 is already off to a strong start – and travel agents are playing a huge role in that growth. Travelers are being incentivized to book earlier, and Cruise Planners, an American Travel Representative, is already seeing increased bookings for 2016 and into the next few years.
Here are the top travel trends to look out for in 2016:
- More Inventory: There are more cruise ships than ever before on the rivers and oceans, so the competition is heating up. Each cruise line is responding differently, from exploring exotic itineraries to offering more value for clients, and from building huge mega ships to introducing new, intimate river cruise ships—there truly is a cruise experience to fit every traveler. Overall, cruise lines are working hard to market to new-to-cruise travelers, and new ships are being built and announced often, so there will be an even larger variety of cruise experiences to choose from.
- Selling Early: Travel Suppliers are pushing travelers to book earlier. From a business perspective, this means cruise lines, resorts, and tour operators are not doing as many deep discounts for last-minute vacations; but rather, they are incentivizing travelers with richer deals to book ahead.
- Travel Agents Offer Best Value: Since there are so many vacation products with different personalities, it’s best to work with a travel agent who knows what products are available, and can help pair a traveler with the best vacation to meet their needs. Also, a travel agent has access to the best deals and value possible, is a constant client advocate throughout the booking and travel process, and doesn’t cost the client any additional money—it’s a true win/win.
- Younger Demographics are Traveling: Millennials are traveling more, and travel and cruise companies are taking notice. For example, river cruise lines are expanding to seasonally focus on families and multi-generational guests by providing triple occupancy cabins. For example, AmaWaterways partnered with Disney to attract families and market to a broader and younger range of travelers.
- Merging Technology with Travel: Travel is technology! This is evidenced in trends such as mobile travel apps, wristband room keys, advanced WiFi connections, robotic bartenders, and even the use of live GoPro video content to help promote travel to consumers: technology and travel are forever fused.
- Product Expansions: With Crystal Cruises entering into the luxury river cruise, yachting, and air market, high-end travelers will expect more well-rounded inclusions from their vacations.
- Additional Offerings: Today, there are more all-inclusive products, more experiences, and more in-depth cultural excursions for clients. Finding the right adventure or excursion is a great way to create lasting travel memories.
- Hot Destination – Cuba: Fathom is proud to be one of the few cruise lines to offer the truly historic opportunity of travel to Cuba; a rich and vibrant culture that hasn’t been open to U.S. travelers by sea for more than 50 years. On the journey there, experts teach about the lives and aspirations of the Cuban people through a variety of culturally-geared onboard activities centered on immersion. Globus People-to-People Programs facilitate Guided Land Vacations to Cuba featuring memorable interactions with Cuban workers, performers, artists, and residents, and explore the island’s compelling history and culture.
- Social Impact Travel: More and more travelers are looking for a culturally immersive experience—from helping a local charity to meeting native artisans and children—travelers are looking to give back in a big way. More and more vacation companies are offering an opportunity for travelers to visit a destination and give back while on vacation.
- Themed Travel: There are many themed trips and cruises, such as wine- makers tours, beer cruises, Christmas markets, golf-themed trips, music- focused vacations, and more, giving travelers the opportunity to vacation with a like-minded group.
Everyone travels, so there are plenty of opportunities for Cruise Planners travel agents to shine and provide the best service for their clients. Our travel agents are the best in the industry, and we encourage travelers to use a professional to do all the planning, negotiate the best deals, and get the best vacation experience possible.
Whether it’s a land vacation or an ocean or river cruise packaged with shore excursions, there’s only one way to start, and that’s by calling your Cruise Planners Travel Advisor.
Visit our booths for exclusive show specials and a chance to win a free cruise for 2!
Cruise Planners, an American Express Travel Representative, has a tremendous reputation for quality, service, and very competitive pricing for ALL of your travel needs. Cruise Planners travel advisors will help you discover exciting adventures around the world. From cruises to land tours and completely packaged vacations, we specialize in all types of travel and will create an unforgettable vacation just for you.
By Michelle Fee, Cruise Planners